We understand that life can be full of unexpected events and surprises. We have developed an inactive status option for certified doulas who decide to step away from their work for a while. This option is only available for NAPS certified doulas.
- Qualified reasons for applying: pregnancy, sabbatical, or unforeseen circumstances that prevent you from providing doula services
- Doula will be removed from the referral list while on inactive status
- Certification period freezes at it’s current status at the time membership is notified of your inactive status
- Membership renewal fees will be reduced to $50.00 per year, no prorating
- Continuous membership must be maintained
- Continuing education must be maintained. Two CE credits will be needed each year. No NAPS event is necessary.