Giving doulas information on basic car seat safety to be able to recognize common mistakes and provide quality resources to their clients.
Speaker: Selina Cotton
Date: June 9, 2016
Time: 12:30pm, doors open at 12:15pm
Location: Bellevue Library Room 3; 1111 110th Ave NE, Bellevue, WA 98004
This class is available at no cost. Please register below for our records and to anticipate attendance numbers.
Selina first began her work in the birth world in 2014 as a birth doula, then added postpartum support about a year later. She decided to add child passenger safety certification to her repertoire of skills in order to give thorough car seat information to her own clients, as well as others in the community.
NAPS Doulas is excited to present this class on basic car seat safety information and local resources with doulas, thus giving them more tools to support their clients in new parenthood.
Topics that will be covered are:
- How child passenger safety fits within the scope of doula work and when to refer
- How to properly restrain a newborn in a car seat
- Identifying common misuse
- Referrals to local car seat check events and child passenger safety technicians
- Information about training to become a child passenger safety technician
This class will be 2 hours and is free. This class will count for 1 NAPS continuing education credit.
This building is ADA accessible. Lunch will not be provided, but you are welcome to bring food.